Monday, September 4, 2017

Labor Day, 2017


Labor Day remains my favorite Holiday. A day that celebrates no single individual or act, but rather the effort that goes into all the things that keep this modern world fed, safe, comfortable and entertained. I was born the son of a Carpenter and Steelworker and remain so. Looking back at my life, I've been continuously employed ever since I stopped being educated, with many a month overlapping between the two. I've always believed in the honor of a job well done and I truly fear any place or time where there is not a certain dignity afforded everyone who puts in an honest day's work.

Labor Day also marks the unofficial end of summer... the kids back in school, the last fireworks spent, the return of long pants and eventually firing up the furnaces again. It's been a hell of a ride these last few months, but I've done my best to make the Summer of 2017 count for me and my family. Best of wishes to anyone out there reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment