Monday, September 2, 2019

Labor Day 2019

I've said it before, Labor Day is my favorite holiday. If you are a commoner who wants to feel like a king, contemplate the hours of labor that go into things we take for granted as part of our everyday lives. The fish sandwich from sea and field making its way to our tummy. The fishermen, processors, warehouse staff, planters, harvesters, truck drivers, cooks, health inspectors, kid and the drive through window and so on.

We live like nobles!

I've been back in Mental Health for about a year now. Not bad work, lucky to have it. Probably headed back into tech again, lucky to have options.

Took my boys to the lake and served a dinner of ribs, potatoes, and vegetables from my own garden.

The world is full of madness at this very moment. Mad weather, fires, climate induced crisis, political struggles regarding if Britain is part of the EU, if Hong Kong is part of China, if American troops are to remain in Afghanistan, and of course some asshole shoots up a public place all too often.

I do my best to surround my loved ones in a cocoon of peace and happiness for as long as this world will alow me to do so. It's Labor worth doing.

Happy Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment